Friday, May 31, 2013

I haven't written in a very long time...

I haven't written in a very long time, thought it was about time to start again because I have realized that my journey is not over…

Like me, love me, criticize me, judge me, or ignore me it makes no difference to me; I am who I am because of my past and the people I had in my life.  I learned from an early age that I needed to be brave or show courage even in the worst of situations.  I learned to be tough even when things seemed bleak.  I don’t trust easily, I don’t let many in to my circle, I’ve done that and I usually end up on the short end.
However, I will be a friend for life! If I ask if there’s anything I can do, I mean it; I’ll be there if and when you need me.

I’ve tried not to let those from my past mold and define who I am; I’ve tried to be something so much better than what they perceived me to be; more so, than what they thought I was; sometimes I fail but most of the time I do think I succeed.  I used to blame them for the way they treated all of us that they cared more for the booze than us kids.  I don’t consider alcoholism a disease, I think it’s a crutch; an escape from reality…a choice that becomes a habit, which turns to dependency that affects everyone within the home!  I still have many obstacles to overcome, you see, when I look in the mirror, I see all the bad things I was once told and or called; I must learn to think differently.  For that reason, I had to separate myself from them in order for me to heal and although it’s what was best for me in the end I will never have what most of you have or had, the loving support  and unconditional love of a parent(s)! 

Don’t feel sorry for me, for without those events in my life, I wouldn’t be the mother I am today and in the end that is really all that matters…my kids!! :)


I thought my journey ended when I stopped my hike across Spain when in fact, it had only started and continues to this day.  Not absolutely sure were I’ll end up but I do hope that I finally have that peace and happiness I’ve so longed for…

No comments:

Post a Comment