Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The day has arrived

I remember the day I announced my plans for walking the El Camino and the "Ah, ok?" reaction from my family & friends and thinking that this day would never arrive.  My husband said I would have to prove to him that I could walk with a pack on my back for most of the day, I saw this as challenge!  I have experienced and been through some challenging times in my life and if any of you really know me you know that I like to prove people wrong, not to make them feel bad, but to show them I have what it takes...then it hit me, like a ton of bricks, I have known I can do anything I set my mind too and the only people I was trying to convince are the two people that really never seemed to care...my (alcoholic) parents.  
After training and walking so many miles, I realized that I needed to do this walk for ME and me ALONE, not for other people!  I pushed myself so hard preparing for this walk that I needed to purchase another pair of hiking boots. ;) But with every step I took, and the ones I have yet to take, it IS my way of letting them (parents) go, to remove myself from the years of pain so that I might live a healthier life and be a better person to my family and friends.

Thank you to my family and the countless friends, with of your encouragement, love and support, I know I will make all 790km, my feet may not think so at times, but my heart, mind and soul will get me through the difficult days.

5 comments:

  1. You've got it in you, Diana! I'm praying that you will keep your eyes open every step of the way. I know that God has so much he wants to bring you on this journey....joy and healing come to mind! The devil wants you to drown in sorrow and anger, but God won't let you drown! God will free you from it! This walk is for you and you alone! I love you, and hope to make this journey with you again someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Will be praying for you during your journey my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow . . . you go girl! Enjoy the journey . . . after all, that's what it's all about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Your" time has arrived. In the time I have known you, I have no doubts you will make this journey and gain a spiritual awakening you have been seeking for so long.

    Why do I have no doubts about you? Because YOU have no doubts. I watched you prepare and talked with you. I was amazed at your state of mind for the journey and how you prepared physically. I offered many tips for your journey only to find you had already accounted for most of them. That's determination.

    Enjoy this journey and awakening. The end of this journey is just the beginning of a lifetime of new journeys.

    God Bless and take care,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always with you in heart and mind! I know you will do awesome and find what you are looking for. What a journey! I'm sad I'm not going but you are much stranger than I am and I know you can do this alone and did not need me at all. You go, Sis!

    I love you more than you will ever, ever know!

    Be safe, Honey!

    Big Sis Di

    ReplyDelete