Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Reunion & Good Walk

Today's walk seemed rather easy which makes me wonder if it's due to determinaton, strength, or just merely the fact that I have become accustomed to 'long walks'? The first day had to have been a test, Audrey, the stronger walker of the group, walked for 10 hrs. & a little over 30km in the rain...we didn't quit!! We both figured that if we finished the very first day, we can do anything....thank goodness we ditched the Spainard man! :) There is so much I would like to say about this man but it would not be nice, I'll just bite my tongue and hope that he does not say anything else to me or Audrey. Alright, enough of that ;) Today, Audrey and I got a pleasant surprise, Anthony rejoined us, we all hugged and laughed because it was like seeing a family member that you didn't want to lose track of...it was good to know he felt much better than the last time we saw him 2 days ago...Anthony brings much laughter to our little group, and that helps make the walk a tad easier!! The two say I'm the dominant one, the mother figure that takes care of the pack, things never change I guess. :p Tomorrow will be a long day, we have a 30km day, from Logroño to Nájera....wine country...hehehe I suppose all of Spain is considered wine country. :D

5 comments:

  1. Keep on walking girl!! Your amazing!! Love the pics and hearing about your day!! <3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are doing great! Keep on trekking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous! I depart in 11 days. I bought a SPOT and it is inop, awaiting a new one. Do you turn yours off at night? Watch the batteries. I learned it records only 30 days of tracking. You can go to the site and save some old data.
    I have so many questions for you. Do you want me to email them to you? Buen Camino little one!
    Spyder

    ReplyDelete
  4. The one flaw with the Spot, it needs new batteries every 4 days and you can't find lithium batteries!!

    ReplyDelete