Thursday, August 30, 2012

The last 6 Days

I will begin with today since it is fresh in my memory. Began walking at 6 this morning, still dark so we had to pay attention to the Camino markers or we would get lost. Audrey & I met Anthony (England) on the second day. He is a nice young man. Today was a very good day, especially for my knee, it was mostly flat! I was very happy, so was my knee :) I walked alone for the first time since arriving and it was much needed, I didn't have to translate or try to figure out what language others where talking to me, I was at peace and very relaxed. Made it to Los Arcos at 11:30! found a great place for breackfast/lunch, called Pandaria, Buen Camino. The owner was nice and offered to make bacon & eggs, what a welcomed meal...even had a Coke Light :) felt like home. I chose to leave Los Arcos and make the 2 hour walk to Torres, so glad I did, found Very nice hotel/hostel. I chose to treat myself to a private room and once again, I am glad I did, the room and people are lovely! I recommend it to all on the Camino. My only reget was not being able to take a picture of me in front of the wine/water fountain....I arrived too early, it opens at 9am, I arrived at 8 :/ but thats okay! Now I will go back to the first day, where I met Audery, (from Scotland) leaving St. Jean Pied de Port to Roncesvalles was a very brutal walk, didn't help that we got lost...we walked for 10 hrs (30km) more than we should have, all because the Spainard gentleman we were with was stubburn, we left him behind the next day and have done great ever since. :) Our walks since then have been uneventful but hard, and good. We have stayed in some very nice & clean hostels, until last night...Audrey and I where put in a broom closet, at least it was private. ;) Audrey & I said good bye to Anthony on the 5th day, he wasn't feeling well, we all hook back up tomorrow...funny how you miss people yoy just met along The Way. I have not been impressed with the pilgrim menu, too much bread and all late meals. Had my first taste of paella, not impressed at all...I like mine better ;) Today I looked at my feet for the first time and I noticed 2 blisters, that I didn't notice nor did I feel them...the owner of the albergue said I must be "tough as nails" :) they were big....hehehe My final thoughts...I have been told by many that my pack is too heavy for a person my size....I've made it this far with it way change ;)~ all joking aside, I see my pack as the burden I have carried most of my adult life and in Santiago de Compostela, I will shed every burden, making my 'pack' lighter! Lets hope I can make it to Santiago. :))

4 comments:

  1. Watch that first step chickie..it's a doosey! hehe, glad the knee is better today. You are amazing!! And the views.....wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're getting alone time, as you had mentioned to me we wouldn't talk along our travels if I were there with you. I, personally, would have been enjoying meeting new people from all languages/countries. So, I am glad you are meeting people! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful you are able to put posts on your site. I am very happy you took a private room and hope you had some quality rest. You sound as if you really are pushing yourself. Remember to slow down and enjoy

    ReplyDelete